Fruits of Kindness | By Sravani Singampalli

The mango tree near my house
Has been my best friend
For almost twelve years now.
It grew up with me.
I still remember the day
I planted it with so much love.
I just used to water it every day
And now I eat its
Fruits of kindness every summer.
It gave me so much.
It used to become my umbrella
During the rainy days
And its shade was my resting place
During those hot summer days.
I just can’t imagine
My life without it.
Sometimes while sitting
In its shade I wonder
About my kind grandfather who lives
In the old age home.
Why did my parents leave him
When he gave us so much love?

Comments

  1. This is beautiful, and heartbreaking at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Steve. Thank you for your comment. Cheers, Guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really nice story and good lesson for people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment, Rajiv. Cheers, Guy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The True Meaning of Life | By Patricia A. Fleming

A Kindness Movement | By Guy Farmer

Acts of Kindness | By Guy Farmer