How Do You Show Kindness to Others? | By Guy Farmer

How do you show kindness to others? There are so many ways to be kind to our fellow human beings and I am reminded of a time when I was teaching English classes for a wonderful group of people.

The class was for parents of low-income children in a nondescript building right by a highway. We would gather twice a week and the students would eagerly practice their new language skills. I was always moved by their enthusiasm. At times they would share stories about their lives, often punctuated with hardship, but they never lost their optimistic glow.

I remember about halfway through the class they all decided that it would be fun to have a potluck, so we did. They all brought in delicious dishes from many countries and we all had a great time talking about all kinds of things. The thing that struck me is that these people had very little material wealth but were imbued with great kindness and generosity. They created a lovely family in that classroom, celebrating their common humanity.

I hope they're all doing well, I know they are.

Cheers,

Guy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The True Meaning of Life | By Patricia A. Fleming

A Kindness Movement | By Guy Farmer

Acts of Kindness | By Guy Farmer